The M-1 Remote Cellular is a super-smart, battery-powered tracking device in a rugged IP67 housing – in particular designed for asset location with temperature monitoring.
Super-long battery life is possible with LTC (Lithium Thionyl Chloride) batteries, or connect to a power source for a permanent solution. The M-1 Remote comes in a 2G version, or a 4G LTE CAT-M1 / NB-IoT combo module. The 4G version is especially designed for low-power operation – resulting in the longest battery life around.
Multiple input interfaces and a digital output allow for monitoring and control for many years. The M-1 Remote Cellular uses a combination of GPS and Wi-Fi to track assets both outdoors and inside buildings, warehouses, depots etc.
The I2C interface supports a range of sensors, in particular the Ufind temperature probe. This is a great solution for cold-chain applications, where the M-1 Remote device can be used to track items as small as pallets or coolbox containers, providing accurate position data and very accurate and responsive temperature monitoring.
- Run from battery (3 x AAA – LTC or “off-the-shelf” Lithium) or line power (5-16V)
- Rugged, waterproof IP67 Housing
- On board GPS with LNA for location
- Wi-Fi Sniffing for indoor localization
- 2 x Digital Inputs with pulse counting
- 1 x Analog Input (0-30V)
- I2C interface for a wide range of sensors – especially temperature probes
- also supports temperature and humidity
- 1 x Digital Output
4G LTE Cat-M1 / NB-IoT device.
4G modem for low-power communication on Cat-M1 and NB-IoT networks.
The internal antenna provides for convenient installation and reliability.
Low profile, compact, rugged IP67 rated housing.
The M-1 Remote Cellular comes in an IP67 rated housing (waterproof) that is UV stable and is large enough to accomodate the PCB, batteries and wiring.
Dimensions: 135mm x 90mm x 35mm
-30°C to +60°C
For operation in extreme temperatures the device must be fitted with Lithium batteries
Line Power (5-16V)
The M-1 Remote Cellular can be permanently powered. Screw terminals for easy installation
Lithium Thionyl-Chloride (LTC) Batteries
The M-1 Remote can be powered with 3 x AA LTC batteries, which offer an extended temperature range, lower rates of early failure, and longer battery life than ‘off-the-shelf’ batteries.
The M-1 Remote can also be powered by 3 x AA consumer Lithium batteries which are readily available.
Concurrent GPS and GLONASS Tracking
- Concurrent GPS and GLONASS tracking
- 72 channel high sensitivity receiver
- -169dBm industry leading tracking performance
- Battery backed up for optimal hot-start performance
- AssistNow Offline aiding data for extremely fast time-to-first-fix and performance in urban canyon environments
I2C (inter-IC communications) is an interface commonly used in sensor modules. This allows the SensorData to talk to a wide range of sensors including temperature, humidity, vibration and CO2 gas sensors, as well as numerous others.
2 x digital inputs with pulse counting capability (0-48V)
2 x Analogue inputs reading 0V to 30V with auto-ranging
Built-in battery voltage monitoring
3.3V Switched Power
Used to control the 3.3V power to external sensors and peripherals. Load limited and short circuit protected.
Over the air configuration via Ufind OEM Server
The M-1 Remote Cellular’s I2C interface, along with it’s digital and analog inputs allow for a variety of sensors to be connected such as:
- Temperature/Humidity Sensors
- Tank Level Sensors
- Switches to monitor door open/close
- Panic Buttons
The M-1 Remote can be remotely configured and updated OTA (over the air). Device management is performed from Ufind OEM Server device management platform.
Auto-APN allows the M-1 Remote to analyse the SIM card and select the correct APN details from a list that is pre-loaded in the device’s firmware. This means that the M-1 Remote can be shipped world-wide without requiring specialist setup for SIMs.
Text Message Setup
The M-1 Remote can also be sent text messages to setup the APN, and other details.
The M-1 Remote will track successfully where other devices just give up.
This fantastic technology allows the GPS to predict which satellites are in orbit above it and to dramatically reduce the time-to-first-fix of the GPS, and the overall performance of the GPS, especially in ‘urban canyon’ or forested environments
Wi-Fi Positioning System (WPS)
The M-1 Remote uses a Wifi ‘sniffer’ to scan for Wifi access points and the signal strength from each one. This information is then used to triangulate a position which is typically accurate to 100 feet / 30m in metropolitan areas. And this can all be done in typically less than 3 seconds, using a lot less power than a typical GPS fix.
Get all the latest documents and support information on our online knowledge base.
DEVICE MANAGEMENT – OEM SERVER
All UFIND devices are fully managed Over-The-Air (OTA) via our OEM Server web interface. The OEM Server seamlessly manages:
- Device firmware – firmware updates can be done remotely
- Network (administrator) parameters relating to critical communications
- System parameters, including GPS parameters, IO configuration, logging options and general device behaviour settings
- GPS AssistNow Offline aiding data files
- Remote debugging of devices, including being able to trace data, view detailed debug message logs, and view a live trace of the server debug messages
- Remote disconnect and reboot of devices
- Driver list downloads to devices – this allows for the Driver Identification on the device to check if the RFID tag / username / PIN is valid, and for specific drivers to be allowed to drive / operate particular vehicles, for example based on licences or permits.
- Geo-fence syncing with the devices – this allows the device to do advanced in-cab alerting and monitoring such as geo-fence arrival and departure, speed limit alerting, dangerous intersection warnings, turn on warning lights inside a geo-fence, and disable communications inside intrinsically safe zones such as gas plants.
- Provides a command and message queueing platform to the devices and is incorporated into the remote management and debugging applications
The OEM Server provides Data Connectors that forward data records on to the software platform of your choice, including Ufind’s own Telematics platform.