We have been asked numerous times for a device that can be used to locate items indoors – where even the best GPS will not work – such as in a warehouse or basement. This version of the M-1 uses a WiFi ‘sniffer’ to scan for WiFi access points and the signal strength from each one. This information is then used to triangulate a position which is typically accurate to 100 feet / 30m in metropolitan areas. And this can all be done in typically less than 3 seconds, using a lot less power than a typical GPS fix. This WiFi sniffing combined with the new low power capabilities of the LTE-CATM1 module allows us to shrink the design size down even smaller and use smaller AAA batteries.
Low-profile IP67 rugged housing
The housing screws together for easy assembly, and has 2 convenient mounting tabs. It is low-profile and light making it suitable for mounting on a collar, or placing in packages.
Dimensions: 85 mm x 63 mm x 24 mm (including mounting tabs)
Weight: 160 grams with batteries
The M-1 uses 3 x “AAA” size 1.5V lithium batteries
Off-the-shelf 1.5V Lithium:
The M-1 should be fitted with off-the-shelf 1.5V Lithium batteries for operation in cold temperature conditions, or to offer the maximum battery life. These are readily available from retail outlets, for example Energizer Ultimate Lithium.
-20°C to +60°C
Board and housing. For operation in extreme temperatures, the M-1 must be fitted with Lithium batteries. Batteries are affected by temperature extremes and typical performance is dependent on temperature.
Internal Cellular antenna tuned by top RF laboratories to ensure optimal performance.
3 Axis Accelerometer
The 3-axis accelerometer allows the M-1 to ‘sleep’ in an ultra-low power state yet still wakeup when movement occurs.
Sufficient memory to store over 25,000 records. Normally data is sent to the server immediately but if the device is out of range there is space to ensure no data is lost.
The M-1 can intelligently use the accelerometer to adapt the rate at which it gets a Wi-Fi fix and sends it on the network. For the longest battery life the Yabby can be set to do periodic updates, for example once per day.
The M-1 can be remotely configured and updated OTA (over the air). Device management is performed fromUfind’s OEM Server device management platform.
The M-1 can be remotely switched into Recovery Mode, which switches the device to live tracking and reporting – so that you can get your asset back!
The 3D accelerometer enables High-G event detection, like assets being dropped or involved in accidents, and reports these to the server.
The M-1 uses bank-level AES-256 data authentication and data encryption to ensure that your data is kept private and secure.
The M-1 can be configured to send an alert to the server when the device has not moved for a set amount of time. Handy for livestock, shipments etc.
The device can be set to alert on after-hours activity, and to use alternate logging parameters.
The M-1 has the capacity to hold hundreds of geo-fences that can be downloaded to it from the server and updated Over-the-Air. A future firmware version will enable alerts to be sent to the server upon entering or leaving a geo-fence, and alternate logging parameters to be used when inside a geofence.
Support articles and documentation is available on our Support Page
DEVICE MANAGEMENT – OEM SERVER
All Ufind devices are fully managed Over-The-Air (OTA) via our OEM Server web interface. The OEM Server seamlessly manages:
- Device firmware – firmware updates can be done remotely
- Network (administrator) parameters relating to critical communications
- System parameters, including GPS parameters, IO configuration, logging options and general device behaviour settings
- GPS AssistNow Offline aiding data files
- Remote debugging of devices, including being able to trace data, view detailed debug message logs, and view a live trace of the server debug messages
- Remote disconnect and reboot of devices
- Driver list downloads to devices – this allows for the Driver Identification on the device to check if the RFID tag / username / PIN is valid, and for specific drivers to be allowed to drive / operate particular vehicles, for example based on licences or permits.
- Geo-fence syncing with the devices – this allows the device to do advanced in-cab alerting and monitoring such as geo-fence arrival and departure, speed limit alerting, dangerous intersection warnings, turn on warning lights inside a geo-fence, and disable communications inside intrinsically safe zones such as gas plants.
- Provides a command and message queueing platform to the devices and is incorporated into the remote management and debugging applications
The OEM Server provides Data Connectors that forward data records on to the software platform of your choice, including Ufinds own Telematics platform.