The M-62 is a compact 4G GPS tracking device with a variety of inputs and outputs to cater for the most demanding applications. The 4G modem allows for operation on both Cat-M1 and NB-IoT networks. Its rugged housing is IP67 rated to withstand the harshest environments, without sacrificing tracking and communications performance. With the internal GPS and cellular antennas installation is a breeze. The internal backup battery provides alerts and tracking operations even when external power is removed.
Compact rugged IP67 rated housing
Made of sturdy Nylon/Glass composite plastic the housing is extremely tough and UV resistant, is resistant to oils and can easily handle high temperatures.
The housing is sealed using 4 screws and has 2 convenient mounting tabs.
Dimensions: 125mm x 80mm x 25mm
Weight: 250 grams
8V to 36V DC (max)
The M-62 passes stringent automotive power “load dump” tests to ensure that it will continue to operate in the harshest electrical systems. A built-in self-resetting fuse makes installation easy and safe.
On external power.
-20°C to +60°C
Below 0°C the standard internal backup battery’s ability to deliver sufficient power to operate the cellular modem is reduced. Below 0°C and above +45°C the internal backup battery will not be charged as a safety precaution due to dangers associated with charging batteries at extreme temperatures.
For battery powered tracking in extreme temperatures enquire about our C-2 tracker with extended temperature range battery options.
High sensitivity GPS
- UBLOX EVA-M8 GPS module
- Supports GLONASS and other GNSS systems
- 72 channel high sensitivity receiver
- -167dBm industry leading tracking performance
- Battery back up for optimal hot-start performance
- AssistNow Offline aiding data for extremely fast time-to-first-fix and performance in urban canyon environments
Low noise GPS amplifier
GPS signals are boosted by a special low-noise amplifier (LNA). This allows the M-62 to operate where other units will fail to receive GPS signal.
2G or 4G Cat-M1 / NB-IoT
The 4G modem allows for communication on either Cat-M1 and NB-IoT networks, both specifically developed for the demands and constraints of IoT applications. These networks offer extended range, improved building penetration and low power usage.
The M-62 can also be manufactured with a 2G modem for specific markets around the world.
Internal GPS and cellular antennas.
Having the antennas inside the housing makes for very simple and quick installation. The M-62 has had its antennas tuned by the top laboratories to ensure optimal performance.
The standard 1100mAh LiPo backup battery allows the M-62 to operate when external power is removed for up to 7 days, depending on the amount of movement.
3 x Digital Inputs
- 1 x Ignition line
- 2 x digital inputs with configurable pull-up / pull-down
- Numerous configuration options including switches and duress/panic alerts
1 x Analog Input
0 – 30V analog input
*Shared with digital output, meaning only 1 can be used at a time
1 x Digital Output
1 x switched ground digital output, easily wired up to switch external lights, relays, buzzers, sirens, motors and other devices. Outputs can be used to immobilise a vehicle.
*Shared with analog input, meaning only 1 can be used at a time
3 Axis Accelerometer
The 3 axis accelerometer allows the M-62 to detect harsh driving events (harsh acceleration, braking and cornering) and this information can be used to monitor driver behaviour and unsafe driving. It also allows the M-62 to go to ‘sleep’ when not moving, resulting in extremely low standby current.
Communicate with common one-wire iButton devices (for Driver ID)
The M-62 has sufficient memory to store over 50,000 records in its flash memory. Normally the data will be sent to the server immediately but if the device is out of range then there is sufficient space to ensure that no data is lost – for many weeks of driving!
The flash memory is also used to store parameters, GPS aiding data, accident data, driver lists and other important information that needs to be securely stored.
One year manufacturer’s warranty.
The M-62 will track successfully where other devices just give up.
This fantastic technology allows the GPS to predict which satellites are in orbit above it and to dramatically reduce the time-to-first-fix of the GPS, and the overall performance of the GPS, especially in ‘urban canyon’ or forested environments.
Flexible Logging Parameters
The M-62 trip logging is flexible and can be configured to log based on a variety of parameters including:
- Elapsed time
- Distance travelled
- Change in heading
- Change in speed
- On Stationary
- Accelerometer events (harsh driving)
Accident and Rollover Detection
The M-62 uses the built-in accelerometer to detect high G impacts such as accidents and rollovers and reports these events to the server for emergency alerting.
The M-62 automatically calibrates its built-in 3 axis accelerometer and uses this to detect harsh driving events:
- Excessive acceleration
- Harsh braking
- Cornering at speed
These events are logged in the M-62 along with additional event statistics that allow back-end server platforms to perform sophisticated driver profiling and scoring.
The M-62 keeps a second-by-second “black box” recording of valuable GPS and accelerometer data for a two hour window. This data can be automatically uploaded to the server when an accident is detected, or it can be requested manually.
The M-62 supports iButton 1-wire reader to identify a driver, and immobilise the vehicle until only allowed drivers tag in.
The M-62 can be updated from the server with lists of Drivers that are allowed to drive the vehicle that it is installed in. When a driver or operator registers on the G62 it will check the Driver List to see if that person is authorised to drive the vehicle. The list also includes information about the driver such as whether they can perform supervisor functions.
The M-62 can be installed to immobilise a vehicle and only allow authorised drivers / operators to drive it, or to annoy an unauthorised driver with a loud buzzer.
This setting allows the M-62 to determine that a trip has started based on accelerometer and GPS data and to automatically set the ‘ignition’ input on the device to emulate the ignition line.
This means that the M-62 can be installed with the option of not wiring in the ignition line and ‘emulating’ the ignition based on movement.
This setting allows the M-62 to monitor the system voltage and to detect changes in the voltage that indicate if the engine is running or not.
Get all the latest documents and support information on our online knowledge base.
DEVICE MANAGEMENT – OEM SERVER
All UFINd devices are fully managed Over-The-Air (OTA) via our OEM Server web interface. The OEM Server seamlessly manages:
- Device firmware – firmware updates can be done remotely
- Network (administrator) parameters relating to critical communications
- System parameters, including GPS parameters, IO configuration, logging options and general device behaviour settings
- GPS AssistNow Offline aiding data files
- Remote debugging of devices, including being able to trace data, view detailed debug message logs, and view a live trace of the server debug messages
- Remote disconnect and reboot of devices
- Driver list downloads to devices – this allows for the Driver Identification on the device to check if the RFID tag / username / PIN is valid, and for specific drivers to be allowed to drive / operate particular vehicles, for example based on licences or permits.
- Geo-fence syncing with the devices – this allows the device to do advanced in-cab alerting and monitoring such as geo-fence arrival and departure, speed limit alerting, dangerous intersection warnings, turn on warning lights inside a geo-fence, and disable communications inside intrinsically safe zones such as gas plants.
- Provides a command and message queueing platform to the devices and is incorporated into the remote management and debugging applications
The OEM Server provides Data Connectors that forward data records on to the software platform of your choice, including Ufind’sown Telematics platform.