UFind SPOT Gen 3 is a compact, rugged handheld personal tracker that supports location tracking and check-in/ok reporting as well as help and duress functions. SPOT Gen 3 is delivered complete and ready-to-go. SPOT Gen 3 uses 100% satellite technology to send your GPS locations to your immediate contacts and emergency responders.
UFind – SPOT Gen3
- GPS satellites provide signals
- SPOT messenger’s onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites
- Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world
- Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network
- Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue Coordination Center
Motion Activated Tracking
A vibration sensor tells your SPOT Gen3 to send Tracks only when you’re moving. This is a great new battery saving feature, and you don’t have to remember to re-set your tracking after 24 hours for Unlimited and Extreme Tracking.
Upgrades available to Unlimited or Extreme Tracking. Choose your rate of tracking of 60, 30, 10, or 5 minutes with Unlimited Tracking, or down to 2.5 minutes with Extreme Tracking.
- SPOT Gen 3 has approximately twice the battery life of SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger
- More Battery Options: – 4 AAA ‘off the shelf’ Lithium Batteries- 4 AAA ‘off the shelf’ NiMH rechargeable Batteries- Line power with a 5v USB connection. (SPOT Gen3 is not waterproof when line powered)
- Compact – easily carried by remote workers
- Battery powered, no external power supply required
- Supports “I’m OK” sked reports as well as SOS duress, help and custom messages
- Increased frequency of reporting while in SOS or help mode
- Size: 87 x 65 x 25 mm
- Battery Life: up to 1250 messages
- Enclosure rating: IPX7
- Alarm Buttons: OK (sked), Custom, Help, SOS, Tracking
- Message triggers: User generated
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, portions of South America, portions of North and South Africa, North-East Asia and hundreds of miles offshore of these areas. In Russia, the GPS accuracy of your SPOT is limited (degraded) in accordance with Russian regulations restricting the accuracy of GPS performance for devices utilized in Russia.
Last Updated 2015-02-09. Estimated coverage area. Actual coverage may vary. Success rates are forecasts for a SPOT messenger to successfully deliver a single message during a 20-minute period, based on network availability. Additionally, in everyday conditions it is normal for some messages to be blocked by your environment, such as hills or buildings. That ‘s why the SPOT Messenger is scheduled to automatically send multiple messages in every mode – giving you excellent overall reliability.